Therapy in the Heart of Denver.
Winding Path Counseling is a small private practice situated in the heart of Denver and dedicated to providing therapy for new parents, individuals and couples. We specialize particularly in helping moms and dads to survive and thrive before and after having a baby, helping those who are struggling to conceive, and supporting parents who have experienced a pregnancy loss.
In addition to helping parents who are actively struggling, Winding Path Counseling strives to improve awareness and prevention of maternal mental health issues by working with, and providing information for, those who provide care to women before, during, and after pregnancy.
I am a Colorado native and I love it here! After completing an undergraduate degree in Psychology at the University of Colorado Boulder, I completed my Masters degree in Counseling at the University of Colorado Denver. I chose to start my own private practice in 2014 in order to have the flexibility to work with clients in a more personal and individualized setting. I live in Denver with my husband and daughter. I am a Registered Psychotherapist in the state of Colorado. I am also a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) with the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC).
My Philosophy on Therapy
I believe that the most powerful growth and change that occurs in our lives is fueled by some of the most painful and difficult experiences that we encounter. Your life is a fantastic, wild, messy, beautiful trip along a strange and winding path. Sometimes you will feel lost, broken, or trapped, and won’t be able see the way ahead – but here’s the good part: you get to have a say in what things look like once you come around the bend. And you don’t have to do it alone. My job is to be your partner as you navigate the rough patches and forge new paths. We will work together to create a unique course of therapy that is tailored to your specific needs.
What I Can Do For You
I work with moms and dads who are trying to find their footing as parents, moms dealing with postpartum depression, individuals who are struggling with depression, anxiety, grief, loss, and life transitions, and couples who are hoping to reconnect, problem solve, resolve conflict, or regain their connection after having a baby.
The easiest way to understand how I can help you is for us to talk, so when you are ready, let me know!
Personal Support, Articles, and Advice
I write a blog on topics that I hope are helpful, thought provoking, and fun to read. Here you can find tips for surviving new parenthood, self-care strategies, mindfulness techniques, and much more!
Groups are a wonderful way to connect with, learn from, and support other people who are experiencing the same struggles you are. Winding Path Counseling currently offers groups for parents and those hoping to improve their relationships.
Your Questions, Answered
What does it cost?
If you’re looking to get started with individual or group therapy, I offer a free 20 minute phone consultation. Please contact me to set up a time for a consultation.
For ongoing therapy sessions, the fees are as follows:
- 50-minute individual therapy sessions: $100
- 80-minute couples therapy sessions: $140
Do you accept insurance?
I have made a conscious decision not to accept insurance in my practice. I feel that accepting insurance complicates therapy in several important ways:
- Insurance companies require a mental health diagnosis in order to approve treatment. I prefer to avoid diagnosing or pathologizing clients whenever possible because I want to be able to look at each person as a whole; diagnoses have a habit of becoming the primary focus of therapy and people often become identified by those diagnoses (“I am bipolar.” vs. “I have bipolar disorder.”). I want to recognize that labels can give validity to the symptoms and struggles that people experience, but I would like that to be a label that you decide fits for you, not one that is placed on you in order to make therapy possible.
- Insurance companies put limits on the payment, duration, and method of therapy. I am here to work with you as a unique individual. I would like to be able to work with you to decide how long we should work together and what methods are effective for you, rather than leaving that up to your insurance company.
- Insurance companies require clinicians to share information about diagnoses, symptoms, behaviors, and treatment plans. I want to keep our sessions as confidential and secure as possible by keeping all transmitting and sharing of private information to a minimum.
That being said, some insurance plans may reimburse you for my services, and if that is something that you would like to pursue I am happy to prepare a monthly or weekly statement for you to submit to your insurance provider.
What if I need to cancel?
I request that you notify me at least 24 hours in advance if you are not able to attend a scheduled therapy session. I do charge the full session fee if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice.
How can I pay for my sessions?
I accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
How can I get started?
If you’re ready to set up your free consultation, simply click the button below to schedule your appointment in my online Client Portal.